Home Entertainment Heartbroken husband of Jean Huang who died from a botched boob job...

Heartbroken husband of Jean Huang who died from a botched boob job opens up on his anguish

11
0


The husband of a woman who died after a botched breast augmentation procedure has opened up on his anguish in a heartbreaking statement read out in court. 

Jean Huang, 35, died from an overdose of anaesthetic which was administered by Jie Shao at a beauty clinic in Chippendale in 2017.

Ms Shao, 40, has been found guilty of manslaughter following a three-week trial held in March in Sydney‘s Downing Centre District Court held. 

The court heard Ms Huang slurred her words, then foamed at the mouth and convulsed before an ambulance was called. 

Paramedics were able to restart Ms Huang’s but she was tragically declared brain dead in hospital, the Daily Telegraph reported. 

Ms Huang’s life support was turned off on September 1, 2017.

Jie Shao (pictured) was found guilty of manslaughter after a three-week trial in Sydney 's Downing Centre District Court in March

Jie Shao (pictured) was found guilty of manslaughter after a three-week trial in Sydney ‘s Downing Centre District Court in March

A jury found Shao guilty of manslaughter in March.

At Shao’s sentencing hearing on Friday, crown Prosecutor Sara Gul said the matter was serious and would require a jail sentence.

‘(The) life a much loved, high achieving and vibrant (woman) … was cut short,’ she said.

She also told the court that Shao, who had flown from China in the days before the operation, had misrepresented her medical credentials on WeChat. 

The court heard emotional statements from Ms Huang’s beloved mother and husband, news.com.au reported.

Ms Huang’s mother said she will remember her daughter as ‘smart, beautiful, kind, generous, and funny’.

She also said she was ‘haunted’ by memories of moment she was told her daughter was dying, saying she never had the chance to say goodbye. 

Ms Huang’s husband also opened up on his anguish.

‘Every late night, the quiet of darkness outside prevents me from falling asleep,’ he said. 

‘I can’t help but think of everything about my wife and me at any moment.’

Jean Huang (pictured) died from an overdose of anaesthetic which was administered during a procedure performed at a beauty clinic in Chippendale

Jean Huang (pictured) died from an overdose of anaesthetic which was administered during a procedure performed at a beauty clinic in Chippendale 

Ms Shao, a Chinese national, has expressed deep remorse and acknowledged she was at least partially responsible for Ms Huang’s death, the court heard.

Shao’s barrister, Winston Terracini SC, said his client blamed herself.

‘Her passing will stay with me throughout my life,’ Mr Terracini read from sections of a psychological report.

‘It may not have happened if I had not come to Australia.

‘I’m not familiar with Australian ways, and shouldn’t have agreed. 

‘I really regret coming to Australia.’

 Judge Timothy Gartelmann reserved his judgment.

Shao is due to be sentenced on July 4.  



Source link

Previous articleJeremy Hunt guarantees Tories WON’T raid pensions as he warns that Labour would impose ‘back-door taxes’ on retirement funds
Next articleAir Force pilot reveals how he was set to ram his fighter jet into 9/11 hijacked plane on heroic suicide mission – as he retires after 40 years of service

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here